Wednesday 7 March 2012

I've Landed in the Land of Smiles...

Well it's about time I started my blog... It took a couple of days to get my bearings and fall into the Thai hours and lifestyle... What a beautiful feeling knowing after all the waiting and anticipation that I'm now here and living as my lil Thai family do... No hotels, breakfast hours and trying to find restaurants to eat... No this is bliss (not saying our holiday in September wasn't) but its the nature of the beast... Lee and Poon having their own home here just made my trip extra special, being able to live with and like them, being on hand to look after Lia should either of, or both of them want to go out... and living like and with the natives as I love to do on any holiday...


Travelling from London to Bangkok via Mumbai was an experience and doing it alone made me notice a lot more than I would have, had I had Fred to chatter to! The length of time it took to get through security at Mumbai airport and then immigration at Bangkok seemed all that bit longer as I was a lone traveller with no one to speak to in the arduous heat laden queues. :(

Once through the departure gate, my family awaited. Hugs all round I turned to look down at my lil Angel in her pushchair. Looking up with saucer like eyes she perused my smiling face and a distant look came over her... Searching the corners of her tiny mind for where she'd seen this lady before and then as though watching a movie a spark occurred and there it was, the biggest smile spread across her face! Oh deep joy I thought, Lia remembers me! Ha!


Arriving 'home' I emptied my case downstairs so Lee could take it half empty upstairs... The teddy, toys, books, DVDs, walker and of course, Minnie Mouse, spread on the floor in front of Lia... Christmas had come all over again, as most were gifts I was unable to send in December.  I guess I had overdone it, but hey I'm her Nanna and allowed to spoil her rotten... It's what Nanna's do... Again that winsome look came over Lia's face and yet again it was followed by a smile to melt your heart... Loving you so much lil girl x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment