Monday 12 September 2011

One Step Forward... Two Feet To Sleep!!!

Saturday evening Poon and I were treated to a traditional Thai Foot Massage… Yayyy! Absolute heaven!
Thai foot massage is an experience not to be missed.  Thai massages are famous for allsorts of fairly “unsavoury” reasons and this is portrayed in the legitimate massage parlours displaying the prices and then in very large letters underneath so no one can be mistaken are the words “NO SEX” lol…

Thai foot massage is not only about the feet… the masseuse will start by washing one’s feet which makes you feel strange and takes you back to your childhood days.  After your foot wash, you are asked to sit on what can only be described as a very large armchair-cum-single bed but far more comfortable with large cushions for you to snuggle into… the masseuse will then continue by massaging the right foot and leg to the knee, pummelling her way around all the knots and tense areas in the feet, arches, heels and lower leg… your right leg is now buzzing and a warmth is felt throughout the massaged area.  It’s now wrapped in a towel to keep in the warm, while she starts on your left foot and leg… for me this was when I began to drift off to sleep… I was so comfortable and blissfully resting while she continued.  I am not ticklish but there was one spot on my foot that brought me out of my reverie each time, opening my eyes to the kind Thai lady’s smile… she knew she’d hit a funny spot each time… lol… wrapping the left leg, she then returns her attention to the right and continues with the same methodical massage and pummelling… After a lot of slapping, gentle clicking of bones and softening of tendons… feet and legs finished, we were unwrapped hehehe!!  I thought it was all over, but was then asked to shuffle back down to the edge of the bed/chair and treated to what can only be described as the most relaxing shoulder, neck, head and back massage… after removing all the knots from said places my arms were then hitched up behind my back and the masseuse’ foot placed firmly in the centre of my spine… Help!! I thought this lil Thai lady has so much strength methinks she will snap my back in two, but after holding my arms back for a little under 2 minutes she released them and rubbed and slapped up and down my back…
Job done… and not a bit of clothing removed, both Poon and I walked away feeling 110%... Am I having another before I leave…?  Do Thai love Buddha?? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment