Tuesday 20 September 2011

Sawadee ka Thailand... until we meet again x

Sitting here quietly and alone in the rooms that have been home for our little family the last 10 days I at last, relented and decided to write this last blog of our trip… Fred very emotional, decided to go for a swim and “thought walk” around the pool… as he left, he suggested I write my blog, hmmm… like that was going to help me today as we both were nigh on emotional wrecks… but after a shower, last minute tidy up and whilst drying my hair, so many thoughts of the last ten days were whizzing through my head and the need to not forget anything meant I had to write it down… so here I am!

This was a trip with a difference and one I had no intention of putting a stamp on beforehand.  Everything we did was as a family and impromptu.  Nothing was planned, decided ahead of time and even whilst out together our trips would change at every turn.

As I said in an earlier blog, Leelawadee is an absolute angelic baby.  Born in the Land of Smiles, my granddaughter lives up to the name fully.  In her waking hours she is an absolute treasure, and not because she doesn’t whine or cry, but because as soon as you call her name she responds with a beaming smile that would melt the hardest of hearts.  Grown men have peered into her pushchair and chatted with her only to receive that token smile and their faces then say it all, another broken heart…. Hehehe!!!  She is absolutely adorable and I will sorely miss our baby conversations as I peer around the door to her bedroom and call her name each morning, greeted with her smile and baby chatter, I could have stayed with her like that all day. 

No one prepares you for grandparenthood and we were certainly no exception.  As soon as we held Lia for the first time we were besotted.  It beggars belief that any grandparent can say “at least when a grandparent you can give them back”… to that I say I’m sorry we definitely do not fall into that category… I joked that I had an extra bag in my case ready to bring her home with me… darn it that empty bag is still empty and packed in my case… lol

Lee and Poon not only attentive to Lia, but us also, gave us the trip we so wished for.  Hand in hand with visits to lovely restaurants, shops and spectacular views from the highest point in Bangkok (Baiyoke Sky Tower) we were all also treated to a beautiful hotel with superb service, food, stunning vistas and in a prominent, but unpretentious part of the city. 

The hustle and bustle that is Bangkok was on our doorstep for us all to savour at every turn.  Lia revelled in all the attention given her by us and the ever present hotel staff.  Everyone knew her and loved her.  Her winning smile and excitement at being spoken to just got more of the same and Sawadee was offered to her everywhere she went.  I truly believe it will be her very first word… she already seems to put her hands together as if to imitate anyone offering the pleasantry. 

I personally want to take this opportunity of thanking my son, Lee and Poon his loving partner for making our trip so very special.  Your love of each other and your baby girl know no bounds and that very same love also shown to us throughout our trip will remain in our hearts, always.

X X X

No comments:

Post a Comment